Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Services Manager 2 for St Mary’s College – a faith-based college in the beautiful town of Moraga, CA in the East Bay part of the Bay Area. . Sodexo and St Mary’s have a long-standing partnership. _Sodexo Dining Services has one Cafe for board students, one retail outlet and a pub, along with concessions and a Food Truck. This Food Services Manager will be responsible for Marketing, Safety, Hiring, Resident Dining and Food Retail; will report to the General Manager; and will oversee up to 20 employees.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous Food operations management in a larger university setting or dining environment, QSR, family restaurant, etc.
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen/success: Food costs/ labor costs, budgets.
- Have a solid understanding of retail, marketing, merchandising, expediting service in retail environment,
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations; a solid manager/leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference – quality and presentation of food – customer service –
- Be a multi-tasker, organized, innovative and an effective leader who can motivate their staff. – strong employee engagement through developing, mentoring, training and motivating encouraging staff to a high level of execution and pride/passion for what they do.
- Be customer focused– including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates – the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce.
- Be proficient in use of online Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory;
There is RELOCATION assistance available for this position.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement