Sodexo currently is seeing an Executive Chef 2 to join our healthcare Food Service team at Orange Park Medical Center in Orange Park, FL. The Executive Chef will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for the execution of the day to day food service operations for patient feeding, retail food service and catering at this outstanding account. This 317 bed hospital is located approxiamtely 20 miles south of Jacksonville.
This is a high impact, high visibility position that is responsible for enhancing our patient satisfaction, and retail customer dining experience through culinary creativity, food presentation and overall leadership presence at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides hands on leadership and direction for 30 employees
- Oversees food service production for inpatient, retail locations, doctors dining and catered events
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the production environment including menu development, inventory, purchasing, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Accountable for positively impacting patient satisfaction with associated with food service.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the culinary team, including Sodexo required training.
- Actively becomes involved in the account through exhibition cooking, educational presentations, and cooking presentations.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and overall cost controls for the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures customer and client satisfaction.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with a passion for the culinary arts.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current wellness and culinary trends and sustainability.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Menu planning experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high volume, fast paced healthcare environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully engage, lead and develop a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
To learn more about Orange Park Medical Center click here: http://orangeparkmedical.com/
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.