Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for Northern Arizona University 1899 Restaurant located in Flagstaff, AZ. NAU is a longstanding contract of over 20 years and dining offerings consist of 28 restaurants/retail, resident dining and growing Catering.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
The Executive Chef will be responsible for all culinary operations for full service, fine dining restaurant 1899 - Restaurant is recognized as one of the best in the city and has a strong client interaction_. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, polished Culinary Professional. Seeking candidates with a proven track record for developing, leading and engaging culinary teams.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation; and
- have experience with fine dining – country club, hotel, restaurants.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- proven track record of quality control, cost controls on ordering and inventory,
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility; and
- strong management skills – trainer and mentor, developing staff’s skills and ensuring safety.
- flexibility of schedule - typical hours may be 2:00 - 10:00.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career and join the NAU Team? Apply now!
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.