Sodexo is seeking a Bilingual Registered Dietitian for an Assistant Clinical Nutrition Manager. To be successful in this role interested candidates should have a minimum of 1-2 years clinical or supervisory experience. Flushing Hospial is a 290 bed hospital is a community hospital in the heart of Flushing, NY. Primary responsibility is to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy counseling in the ambulatory care setting as well as cross coverage for the inpatient medical/surgical or Intensive Care Units as needed. This is a great opportunity to enhance your leadership experience.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, this position will
- Be a Registered Dietitian and licensed in NY (CDN) and have experience with the nutrition care process
- Assist the Clinical Nutrition Manager with all aspects of clinical care and assume responsibilities for the clinical nutrition department in CNM's absence
- Precept Dietetic Interns
- Participate in community and employee wellness events
- Complete Performance Improvement projects
- Have a passion for driving and improving the patient experience
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, marketing and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Have experience working with insurance providers and billing (preferred)
- Provide nutritional care for a variety of inpatient units when needed
- Experience with CBORD is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a small - medium account. Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
- Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-May provide direct nutrition care to population served
-Executes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments; and collects and reports outcomes.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services and promotes nutrition services.
-. - Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).