POSITION SUMMARY: Oversee, administer, and provide Bilingual Spanish/English interpretation and translation for clinicians, consumers, and other staff at Mental Health Center of Denver in various settings. Provide translation, general information, training, and consultation to clinical and administrative staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Translate and Interpret for clinical staff during counseling, case management and similar therapeutic interactions.
- Participate in team meetings within the clinic sharing general ideas and/or specific concerns which may arise through translation/interpreting and MHCD's provision of services of the bilingual consumers.
- During various meetings, conferences, trainings, and other gatherings interpret for staff or consumer participants so each may fully participate in the activity.
- Collaborate with Colorado Daylight Partnership Director, and other managers and organizations involved in the Colorado Daylight Partnership.
- Collaborate with Diversity and Inclusiveness team to provide insights and ideas on cultural competency with communication issues.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 yr. of Bilingual Spanish/English interpreting and translation. Some knowledge/experience in a health care setting is preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have bilingual fluency in translating Spanish and English.
- Use tact and discretion in communications, including maintaining confidentiality with employee information and consumer information obtained while interpreting.
- Work well with diverse populations within and outside the organization
- Ability to lead and facilitate discussions and trainings
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 40 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.