Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Outreach Specialist.
In this role, the successful candidate works directly with parents and school staff to increase access to and enrollment in the School Health Dental Program.
- Enrolls new patients in the Dental School Health Program. Keeps record of all new patients.
- Acts as a liaison between an uninsured patients and the insurance company representatives.
- Provides information on the program to parents at PTA meetings, school events, and health fairs.
- Works with the Parent Coordinators to increase awareness of the program and all it has to offer.
- Makes telephone calls to parents to increase awareness of the program.
- Works directly with the Dental School Health Outreach Coordinator to improve the outreach process.
- Assists the Enrollment Specialists.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 2 years relevant experience required.
- Bilingual English/Cantonese, Mandarin or Spanish required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone
School Hlth Dent Pgm Adm- FHC (P662721)