Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch(c) system and the Nintendo 3DS(c) family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System(c), Nintendo has sold more than 4.4 billion video games and more than 700 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy(c), Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS(c) family of systems, Super NES(c), Nintendo 64(c), Nintendo GameCube(c), Wii(c) and Wii U(c) systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokmon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
We are seeking an entry-level localization-engineering intern who is available during the summer of 2019 (May-Aug) to join the team responsible for supporting NCL and NTD engineering teams working jointly on platform development.
The successful candidate will be part linguist and part code maven, a solid team player who is also comfortable working in a self-directed mode, and will have experience creatively solving technology problems by writing code and deploying tools.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Rising senior pursuing BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related field
- Solid knowledge of common programming languages, such as Java, C#, or Python (possibly Ruby on Rails)
- Familiarity with Unicode, XML, and scripting
- Familiarity with computer-assisted translation tools (such as SDL Trados Studio or memoQ)
- Familiarity with translation management systems (such SDL WorldServer or FlowFit)
- Background in machine translation highly desirable
- Background in computational linguistics, natural language processing, or machine learning useful, but not required
- Basic Japanese language ability, particularly reading skill, is preferred
- Experience working with RESTful APIs a plus
- Familiarity with Power BI useful
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.