Nintendo Software Technology Corporation
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington , is a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of video games, Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce. Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- An individual contributor who translates communication and documents related to game development, and handles various communication tasks to support the production team.
- Translates confidential communication and documents in terms of game development from Japanese to English and vice versa for NST and NCL.
- Provides English to Japanese and vice versa interpretation services for various meetings and presentations as requested
- Supports any form of bilingual communications in various ways including note taking and updating documentation and online communication with latest information about project status, progress on issues, specification decisions, etc. to keep NST, NCL, and other collaborating companies informed.
- May help coordinate and arrange meetings.
- Participates in company-wide activities such as product review, analysis and testing as required.
- Applies professional expertise to review, analyze and test products under development as a contributing member of a production team to ensure delivery of Nintendo's high standard of quality and timeliness.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in using Japanese language as a communication method.
- Native-level Japanese and English skills, both written and verbal in various subject matters including game design, art, and technology for game development.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite of products, document authoring software, task tracking and document management tools preferred.
- Excellent and accurate written and verbal English-Japanese translation skills with acute attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of Japanese culture, including proper business etiquette.
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer science, art or related field.
- Additional studies of English / Japanese translation and interpretation a plus.
- Equivalent or higher level than Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 1 (if non-native Japanese)
For more information about NST, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.