Case Manager - Bilingual (Spanish/English) Preferred
Join our team of caring professionals...
Cancer Support Team, a licensed home care program serving southern Westchester and offering a warm work environment, is seeking a full-time Case Manager. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Responsible for assisting cancer patients and their families to access medical and other resources necessary to manage their day to day needs during the treatment phase of their illness.
- Manage a selected caseload of patients and families in need of non-medical case management especially related to accessing entitlements and benefits on a Federal, State and local level.
- Conduct patient/family interviews, by telephone, in CST office or in patient/family residence in order to elicit information about patient and family needs.
- Conduct necessary research in order to determine the most appropriate resources for patients and families.
- Assist patients in accessing entitlements, benefits and resources including assistance in completing required applications.
- Plan and execute patient and family education programs in collaboration with CST staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with CST and community Agency staff and collaborate on patient care issues.
- Document all necessary information in patient records and advise other team members of changes in patient and family status as needed.
- Communicate effectively with CST staff and outside agencies, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain systems of data collection related to patient and family case management needs and service provided by CST.
- Discuss with supervisor patient issues and concerns in order ot enhance skills in working with patients and families.
• Mileage reimbursement
• No weekends