Drive sales volume, training, trade shows and customer growth through increased product placement and competitive displacement within the National Account, Home Center & National/Regional Distributor segments, lead sales activities, implement business strategies and develop relationships with all levels of these segments, and grow the Benjamin Moore& Co specialty category.
- Develop new business from National Account; Home Centers & National/Regional Distributors.
- Manage corporate relationships by understanding current and future needs and interacting with all levels.
- Take advantage of all additional new business growth opportunities that adds to Insl-x Specialty Growth vs. trading volume with core Benjamin Moore & Co Channels of Distribution.
- Develop targeted key accounts by developing plans, leading internal stakeholder awareness and facilitating training activities, as well as attending trade shows.
- Maintain awareness and insight of industry trends, market intelligence from the field relative to competitive activity, and report back to the appropriate Benjamin Moore & Co personnel (e.g. Planning, Sales, Marketing).
- Develop sales forecasts and related information for customer base.
- Respond to questions and concerns from customers, apply a thorough understanding of product lines and related application methods, and keep up to date with the new approaches and technologies.
- Perform high-level sales activities (e.g. giving presentations, following-up on contacts and sales actions for high profile or essential accounts; soliciting internal support and resources as needed).
- Complete necessary paperwork (e.g. sales reports, monthly reports, and various planning requests).
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or a technical field is preferred.
- Two or more years of successful outside sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build/maintain relationships
- Excellent presentation, computer and communication skills
- Good understanding of large or global customer needs and qualifying potential.
- Ability to develop and implement market, sales and related business strategies.
- Ability to learn broad portfolio of product and be able to develop relevant training to appropriate audience; Corporate Buyer, Distributor Sales Rep, Sales Associate
- Capable of navigating complex selling situations with strategic thinking and creative solutions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Team oriented and able to collaborate with various functional groups and departments.
- Solid PC skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to travel overnight up to 50% of the time, to include weekends at Customer Trade Shows.