Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
In alignment and coordination with the Facility Lead, the Assistant Lead is responsible for:
Driving best safety practices and maintaining a safe work environment in their specific area of responsibility and overall facility.
Ensuring Benjamin Moore's best quality practices and quality programs are met and followed in their areas of responsibility.
Efficiently and effectively direct and delegate work to employees under their supervision to maximize productivity during production and non-production timeframes.
Driving continuous improvement (CI) efforts in their area of responsibility. This will include but not be limited to the following:
- Performing 5S audits
- Helping to creating, implement, and train on standard work instructions (SWI) when requested by CI Manager
- Reviewing and managing the factory production process systems and holding regular meetings to discuss the data and improvement plans
- Key performance indicator (KPI) reporting.
- Engaging their teams and cultivating improvement and efficiency suggestions.
- Performing daily shop floor management tools such as line walks, stand up meetings, 5S audits, production walks, and shift handover logs
- Ensuring areas of responsibilities are supplied with the correct and proper amount of materials for daily production. This may include reporting daily scrap losses and any vendor non-conformance that may occur as well as maintain inventory accuracy on all necessary supplies.
- Verifying and sign off on daily work assigned that may include production counts, work assignments, maintenance work orders, pick/pack sheets, etc. Ensure quality of work performed before deeming complete and moving it to the next operation.
- Working with the Lead, provide timely and regular feedback on performance (positive and constructive) to employees.
- Working with the Lead, help to identify areas for development for employees.
- Ensure a clear understanding of Company, Operations, and department specific objectives, metrics, and expectations in order to effectively provide feedback to the Lead or Department Manager on the employees for the semi-annual/annual performance management review process.
- Understand Company policies and guidelines that may help you run your area efficiently and effectively and proactively respond to employee questions or concerns; e.g., specifics of the attendance policy, timekeeping guidelines, reasonable suspicion testing, etc.
- Actively participate in leadership training with a focus on developing people management, business management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Backfill as needed filling line posiitons and or job task.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Basic computer skills such as Outlook (email), Excel, Word, and AS400/Infinium.
- High school graduate or GED
- A demonstrated ability in leadership skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ensures plant management is notified of any employee conduct requiring corrective or disciplinary action.
- Ability to work in a team environment and able to be cross-functional
- Assist Shift Lead to plan, schedule and maintain accountability for the completion of all tasks within the work unit, and assigns roles for task completion accordingly.
- Use of electronic data and information systems as required.
- Ability to train and coach team on appropriate methods regarding work processes, safety, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's.
- Ability to use company software and computer system.
- Must be willing to work assigned shift, plus overtime and weekends as business needs require.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and trailer jockey.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience offloading and loading large vehicles with chemicals a plus