Ortho Technology, a Henry Schein Company, is a global leader of orthodontic products marketed directly to the orthodontic and dental practitioner. Since 1991, Ortho Technology has offered innovative and unique products that orthodontic professionals worldwide have come to trust. Our products are marketed to orthodontic practitioners through a strong direct inside sales force, both in the U.S. and in more than 85 countries worldwide. We are dedicated to provide the orthodontic profession with high quality, innovative products backed by attentive customer service and support. At Ortho Technology everyone is part of the team with the same goal: to improve patient care and to be "Your First Choice" for generations to come."
We're looking for additional Distribution Associates to work in our Global Distribution Center. If you're looking for a high-energy, fast-paced work environment that's both competitive and rewarding, you've come to the right place. Learn about our industry and soar with the support of great coaches, teammates, and organizational leaders. This is a TEMP TO HIRE position.
This position is responsible for performing picking, packing and receiving functions. Great team attitude, with willingness to work in all Distribution Center areas, as needed. Meet or exceed individual KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) and contribute to, as part of the Distribution Team, all Departmental KPIs. Master Level A responsibilities by 90 days of employment. Master Level B responsibilities by six months of employment.
Level A responsibilities:
- Unload and load trucks with incoming and outgoing materials
- Batch pick orders accurately from customer order sheets using wireless scan gun
- Perform replenishments as needed using wireless scan gun
- Pack orders for shipment by selecting appropriate packing materials for packing and protection of product and boxes and pallets for domestic or foreign shipment
- Put stock away in proper bin/storage locations using wireless scan gun
- Perform daily cycle counts using wireless scan gun
- Count and receive all incoming product, materials and supplies against purchase orders and report discrepancies such as shortages or damage to Supervisor
- Complete NCR (Non Conformance Report) reports, as needed
- Invoicing/manifesting of shipments according to pre-established carriers and freight rates, utilizing various online shipping systems.
- Process items for outsourced processes, Ship To Vendor requests
- Custom label dealer orders, as required
- Hazmat identification and domestic shipping requirements
- Handle routine communications with internal customers and freight carriers/agents
- Prioritize work in order of importance and need
- Maintain cleanliness and order in distribution area at all times
- Adherence to safety rules at all times, including equipment operation, proper use of ladders, and proper lifting techniques
Level B Responsibilities:
Bracket and Bands
- Receiving, band picking, kit assembly, kit reworks and BOM's (Bill Of Materials)
International order processing
- Work with International Sales staff as needed to ensure accurate and timely order processing
- Ensure orders are shipped in compliance with all international regulations
- Match International Order Processing ("IOP") forms with orders
Participation on Safety Committee (as requested)
Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Learn job skills and company policy and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
Work on assignments that are routine in nature
Work under close supervision and receive detailed instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
Shipping /receiving experience preferred.
Light assembly experience working with very small parts preferable
Working with ERP and WMS systems preferable.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Good time management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to plan and arrange activities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. This position will be working in a distribution environment.
Ability to grasp, bend, stand, reach above shoulder height, and walk extensively throughout the warehouse. Must be able to stand/walk for at least four hours at a time.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds alone and to occasionally lift/maneuver/slide boxes weighing up to 75 pounds with assistance.
Bending, use of ladders, climbing, kneeling, pushing and stooping is required for this position.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Equipment Support