Are you looking for your Food Service career to SHINE in the sunny San Diego?
Sodexo is seeking a highly motivated, customer-oriented Food Services General Manager 5 to oversee our campus dining at Point Loma Nazarene University - a private faith-based college located in beautiful San Diego, California. PLNU Dining is one of our Showcase accounts and has over1500 resident board students and total population of 3500 students, 1500 faculty and staff. The Resident Dining hall offers 8 specialty platforms/meal stations, is open seven days a week year around for academics, summer conferences and camps. Catering includes high end plated dinners for the President of the campus events to high-volume events.
RELOCATION assistance is available for this exciting opportunity!
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous success managing in a Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program with demonstrated best practices in increasing the student experience. Sodexo experience preferred.
- Hands-on management approach, comfortable communication style and strong team building skills as the successful candidate will interact with students, staff, faculty, client, other Sodexo managers and hourly employees.
- A strong background in excellent operational performance, leading a team to greatness as well as strong client communication and relationship skills.
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainable initiatives and involvement / commitment to the campus and surrounding community.
- Proven Leadership, Computer Skills, Culinary knowledge, and Food/Beverage Cost controls are key skills that must be mastered to be successful as a GM with Sodexo.
- Commitment to the Point Loma Nazarene campus community, mission, values and ethics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to work successfully with diverse clients, students and employees at multiple venues.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates - the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this position.
Point Loma Nazarene University is known for being forward-thinking. At PLNU, academics, faith, and community are all vital. Students benefit from this balanced approach to education and leave PLNU prepared to think, act, and contribute to the world.
Are you ready to join our Sodexo team at Point Loma Nazarene? Apply TODAY!
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management