A Penske Technician I will diagnose, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment including, but not limited to the following: Engines (gas and diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials/Power dividers, PTO systems, Starters/Alternators, Refrigeration systems, Air conditioning systems (including cold and hot units), Fan clutches, Engine electronics (gas/diesel), Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
Monday - Friday, 3:30pm - 12:00am
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment.
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 6 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications preferred
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required
- A valid drivers license is required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred, willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.