Job TitleAssistant Maintenance Manager
Requisition Primary LocationDenver, Colorado
Waste Connections of Colorado, Inc. is looking to hire a Waste Industry Assistant Maintenance Manager at the Denver, CO location. This position would require supporting 4 shops as well as overseeing a total of 30 techs, supervisors and parts support personnel.
- Ensures a culture of safety.
- Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
- Ensure adequate training and development of mechanics, leads, and all other shop personnel.
- Ensure location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
- Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems.
- Be able to perform repairs and maintenance on front-end loader, rear loader, roll off, and other vehicles, machines or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Coordinates and/or transports vehicles to outside service for repairs, as needed.
- Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or driver for clarification of problems. Discusses preventive techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
- Discusses maintenance issues, contracts and warranty work with vendors.
- Retrofits older trucks with new equipment.
- Provides oversight and responsible for organization of the yard and facilities at every location with in the division.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- Responsible for maintaining department's costs within budget.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
- Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division and district objectives
- Must be able to travel to locations with in the district.
- 5+ years management or supervision experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair. Waste industry experience a plus.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and training staff a must.
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- CDL Class B with Air Brakes a plus.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)