Shift Hours: Monday, midnight - 6AM, and Monday, 6:00PM - 6:15AM, Tuesday, 6:00PM - 6:15AM, Saturday, 6:00PM - 6:15AM GENERAL SUMMARY:
The NOC Technician is responsible for monitoring systems across a multi-platform environment and answering incoming calls, processing alerts and tickets while following through to completion or escalation. This includes the notification and contact of Technical or Facility support employees, management, and possibly vendor/manufactures support if applicable, during business hours or off-hours. This further includes, detailed documentation and reporting of events and follow through until resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for following operational procedures and guidelines established by management, to include some knowledge of the business structure and interdependencies between departmental applications, i.e. A/P, A/R, Order Entry and Ware Housing, etc.
- Monitoring of all data center hardware platforms for hardware and operating system related alerts, errors, warnings, performance, communications related issues, or problem conditions. This includes the notification and contact of technical support employees, management, and possibly vendor/manufacturer support if applicable, during business hours or off-hours. This support further includes, updating, and or creating documentation/reporting of such events.
- Responsible for the monitoring of system software on all current platforms within the data center. This monitoring is defined as documented run procedures and observation or actions to active jobs/programs, menus, whether run by the operations department, any of the development staff. This includes the notification and contact of software support employees/consultants responsible for the software, if in question, and may require further escalation by the contact of managers or directors if production or processes are affected. Further includes detailed documentation/reporting of such events, and follow through until resolution.
- Responsible for monitoring data center environmental control and power systems including A/C units, PDU's and backup generators. This includes the notification and contact of Facility support employees and management during business or off-hours. This further includes, detailed documentation/reporting of such events, and follow through until resolution.
- Submits jobs and tasks, views and collects statistical information, researches problems, logs, and the ending of jobs or tasks as needed using all menus, commands, and scripts, on all platforms within the data center.
- Responsible for the execution and timely completion of all backup tasks, a recovery backup of any objects missed by the initial backup jobs, and the reporting of any problems related to any of the backup tasks.
- Responsible for the verification of systems or any communications related items on all applicable platforms within the data center, with a thorough understanding of startup and shutdown procedures on all applicable platforms.
- Responsible for all functions of day to day operational tasks and variants, on all applicable platforms within the data center. This includes but is not limited to the submission of the night's work. Working with printers, producing of reports, stocking up paper, taking inventory, monitoring systems for error conditions, submission of any scheduled jobs. Working on requests from the user community, working on help desk tickets, monitoring and taking telephone calls, working with the current backup management software and media to prepare for evening use. Collecting statistical information, the completion of any assigned special projects, communication and or recommendation of any issues or improvements with fellow team members or management, the preparation and notification to management of backups and system status, and the ability to multitask on multiple platforms.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Shift Hours: Monday, midnight - 6AM, and Monday, 6:00PM - 6:15AM, Tuesday, 6:00PM - 6:15AM, Saturday, 6:00PM - 6:15AM
One to three years' experience in a 24/7 operations, help desk environment, or the equivalent preferred.
Minimum of at least one IT professional certification such as ITIL, A+, Network +, CCNA, or CSSA.
Coursework, education and hands on experience concentrated in the areas of System and Network Hardware, Databases, and Project Management may be considered in the absence of certifications.
Highly proficient in Microsoft office products (Exchange, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
Working experience of Windows, TCP/IP networking, and Cisco hardware.
Experience building servers, installing operating systems and troubleshooting windows based systems.
Experience with multiple Operating Systems preferred; Windows Server, Linux, OS400.
Working experience with helpdesk ticketing software (monitor, open and resolving issues).
Hands on experience using system and network monitoring software such as Whatsup Gold, Nimsoft, System Center, or Solarwinds.
High School diploma or the equivalent required.
A Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
Strong problem solving skills, proactive, professional demeanor and shift flexibility.
Windows server administration, Active Directory administration/configuration and general network troubleshooting knowledge.
Ability to adjust, sort and distinguish priorities.
Effective communication and time management skills also required.
Must be familiar with documentation, word processing software, task lists, and check off schedules, Help Desk ticket tracking packages and escalation process.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Field: IT/Software Development