Are you an experienced and proactive leader that is ready to take your
career to the next level in the "Sunshine State"?
Sodexo Universities Sports & Leisure is seeking an experienced General Manager 5 for Florida State University located in Tallahassee, FL! The General Manager will be responsible for creating an atmosphere that assists in enticing patrons and their families to come for the scheduled events and enjoy the activities. GM will support and direct a multi level T.O. with one or more primary reports. Unit also utilizes NPO groups or service organizations as part of its service staff. The GM will oversee athletic training tables, concessions, and suites catering operations for the FSU football stadium (Doak S. Campbell Stadium - seats 80K / 11 suites), baseball stadium, and all other athletic venues on campus as contracted.
Ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Previous College/University Sports & Leisure Concessions experience;
- Strong financial skills and overall food service management experience at large venues;
- Strategic/critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership strength/depth to a diverse management and hourly staff team as well as providing direction for selection, training, guidance, development and supervision;
- Extensive fiscal management experience, including developing and managing budgets within company/client targets, fiscal analysis, utilization of data to make effective business decisions, and proven ability to deliver on growth strategies;
- Strong guest/customer focus, with demonstrated success in developing a team that is customer oriented;
- Highly developed organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities, meet deadlines and pro-actively address account needs.
** Relocation assistance IS available with this position! **
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management