Northern Arizona University is a showcase account with regular international culinary opportunities. We have two major kitchens and that run our campus dining and prepare our catered food. Catering is performed all across campus and the city. We continue to grow our catering and have numerous opportunities to use advanced culinary skills.We are appreciated by the university but must strive to maintain the respect. The catering Chef is a working position managing 3 to 6 employees depending on the business and time of year. They report to the Executive Chef and the Catering Director
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.