Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef (I) in West Palm Beach, Florida for Lourdes Noreen McKeen a Continuing Care Retirement Community. This community offers an elegant, resort-style independent, assisted living, rehabilitation care center as well as skilled nursing.
As the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for the daily kitchen operations and food production for the Independent Living, Assisted Living and catered events. We are seeking a creative, hands-on chef that likes to interact with staff in the kitchen as much as with residents in the dining room.
This is a prime opportunity for an eager Executive Sous or Chef de Cuisine to get their own kitchen! We are waiting to see what you can do!
Your Skills Checklist for this position include:
- Develop and create a 5 Star dining experience
- Ensure that the kitchen and surrounding areas are in accordance with company standards and health code regulations
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise kitchen personnel
- Assist kitchen staff with food prep, recipe creation and plate presentation
- Stay current on restaurant industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- Engage with residents and client for satisfaction by conducting "table touches"
- Purchase food and supplies from vendors approved by the company and monitor inventory
- Working knowledge of HACCP protocols for regulatory compliance
- Financial skills for P&L reporting and budgeting
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.