The Software Product Manager is directly for global product management of SW tools and products in the Rockwell Automation LV Drives portfolio . The SW Product manager will be responsible for ensuring both existing and next generation of LV Drives SW tools meets expectations for customer usability, quality / robustness, competitive features and profitability, etc. Leads and supports Global Sales and Marketing organization in the development and implementation of key programs in support of product line objectives (e.g. trade shows, promotion programs, pre-sales & post-sales collateral, etc).
- Define, execute and support strategies for Products and drive that vision within the organization
- Conduct business and financial analysis necessary for a complete business model, including competitive analysis, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Define business requirement documents which serve as a bridge from high-level business objectives to the functional specification, based on intimate knowledge of the feature, customers and market trend
- Distill business requirements to define scope and functionality of product offering and work with a team of engineers to design creative technical solutions to solve business problems
- Identify operational requirements throughout the enterprise (i.e., Finance, Product Management, Marketing, Partners, etc.) and collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure all requirements are met for the successful deployment and releases of product features and enhancements
- Utilize a data-driven approach to inform decision-making, analyze system and feature performance and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Monitor and track product feedback to help in the prioritization of development projects by effectively managing trade-offs between investment, schedule and customer benefit
- Drive execution of product development through the complete define / build / test / launch / review / sunset life-cycle ensuring deliverables meet the desired business objectives
- Mentor product team, engineering team, sales team in the day-to-day management, development, and optimization of products
- Demonstrate a functional understanding of Agile Development Process. This includes the ability to convert voice-of-the-customer input and business needs into detailed product requirements.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.