NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Social Worker - School Health !
In this role, the successful candidate The Social Worker will provide direct clinical and supportive social work services in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and requirements of regulatory agencies. The position is located within our Brooklyn based, school-health clinic in PS172: http://www.ps172.org
- Assists in completion of eligibility documents, assessment forms, etc, as necessary and appropriate
- Provides information relative to services, specific programs, and treatment options offered by NYU Langone Health
- Establishes and maintains close professional relationships with civic and social organizations within the target area
- Assists in the collection and reporting of timely, accurate statistical data
- Maintains professional documentation as defined by organizational policy and procedure
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assess and plan for appropriate care and services across the continuum
- Provides limited services of counseling, crisis intervention, transition planning, protective services, advocacy, information and referral within the framework of discharge planning
- Utilizes knowledge of community resources to refer patients to appropriate services to ensure continuity and quality of care
- Provides psychosocial discharge planning assessment and services (i.e. subacute and custodial care placements, entitlements, working with high risk and/or difficult to discharge population, etc)
- Involves patient/family/support system in the care and discharge plan as appropriate
- Provides psychosocial counseling as identified through assessment for patients and families/support systems to enhance participation and cooperation in developing a comprehensive social work plan
- Manages inpatient referrals, including, but not limited to, screening, identification of social work intervention needs, assessments, development of post-acute discharge plan based on assessed needs, and implementation of discharge plans
- Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Current NYS Social Work License and Registration (LMSW or LCSW)
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Previous experience within a school-based health clinic
- Case management certification
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
NYU Langone Hospitals- Brooklyn
Company Location Description
School Hlth Pgm-Cler- FHC (L562002)