The role of the Nurse Advocate is to build trusted relationships with members across their health care lifecycle as an RN beginning with benefits concerns and providing treatment education as appropriate. This is done by assisting in Benefit Plan selection and enrollment and educating members about management of their health and well-being and owning administrative customer service inquiries through to resolution.
This role is heavily customer service oriented, time is roughly split to 50% Clinical Support and 50% Administrative Benefits Support and resolution.
Our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest. Our values are Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
*Training is onsite in our Eden Prairie, MN office for 13 weeks Monday - Friday, during regular business hours then you will start working your assigned schedule. Working from home is not a guarantee. However if you are meeting performance standards and metrics typically working from home begins after 6 months to 1 year of service. *
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an Accredited RN Program
- Valid, unrestricted RN License in the state of Minnesota
- 1+ year of Service Industry experience working directly with customers/patients
- Proficient in multi-tasking and navigating multiple computer programs simultaneously while talking on the phone
- Training schedule: you must be able to attend an office-based 13 week training class, Monday – Friday, held during regular business hours, starting your first day of employment
- Ability to obtain additional RN state licenses will be required upon beginning the role
- Reside within commuting distance of the Eden Prairie, MN
- 2+ years of experience as an RN is preferred (Hospital, Clinical, Call Center, Physician’s Office)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Call Center experience is strongly desired
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish is desired
Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Call Center Nurse, Nurse Advocate, RN, Registered Nurse, Call Center, Telephonic Nurse, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota