Welcome to one of the most fulfilling ways to help people. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The purpose of this role is to interact with members regarding medical and pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims issues and to assist with plan selection and enrollment. This role is expected to identify opportunities to connect members to the best resources to meet their healthcare needs and provide support in order to resolve medical and benefits issues on behalf of a member. The Bilingual Korean/English Customer Service Advocate builds trust with members across their health care lifecycle.
- Provide in language service to Korean and English-speaking customers over the phone
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims
- Proactively educates members on cover benefits, plan exclusions, and procedures to enhance total customer service experience
- Maximizes use of community services, support programs, and resources available to members
- Assists and involves in member retention projects
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned
- Meets established performance standards
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Bilingual fluency (verbal and written) in Korean and English
- 1+ years in a Customer Service environment (proven customer service skills and experience working in retail, call enters, or any other professional setting)
- 1+ year moderate proficiency with Windows PC applications (MS Excel - navigation and creating spreadsheet, Word - navigation and creating documents), which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to successfully complete the UnitedHealthcare Operations new hire training and demonstrate proficiency
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (Monday to Friday 9am to 8:30pm eastern time), where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- Associate degree (or higher)
- Experience in Health Care / Insurance environment preferred (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer.
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to phone and walk-in conversation, printers, and floor activities.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your lifes best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, United Healthcare, Bilingual Korean/English, customer service advocate, eligibility and claims, medical and pharmacy benefits.