Sodexo is currently seeking a full time inpatient Registered Dietitian to join our healthcare team at Rideout Memorial Hospital in Marysville, California located 35 miles north of greater Sacramento. Rideout is a Level 3 Trauma Center that consists of a 173 bed facility.
The hospital recently had an expansion that has just implemented a Sodexo Room Service Program. Sodexo provides services for nutrition services as well as patient dinning, retail café operations, and catering at this location.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with at least 2 years of experience in an acute cae setting
- Conduct nutrition patient assessments and diet education as needed.
- Educate patients and family members as well as facility staff in concepts of nutrition and diet modifications.
- Have a working knowledge of EMR charting ( utilizing Paragon currently,converting to Cerner), nutrition informatics, and the nutrition care process.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with patients and a diverse staff.
- Participate in Quality Improvement projects as needed and assigned.
- Demonstrate good communication and customer service skills.
- Be knowledgeable with patients with Chronic Kidney Disease, Wound and Skin impairments, diabetes management, enteral and parenteral nutrition as well as with critical care, oncology, cardiac care, pediatric and maternity.
- Have excellent time management skills, be a self-starter, work well independently and work with a team of registered dietitians.
Rideout Health is a non-profit community-based system comprised of the Rideout Regional Medical Center, an acute care hospital; the Heart Center at Rideout; the Cancer Center affiliated with UC Davis Medical Center; outpatient clinics and a host of ancillary services including: senior living services located throughout Yuba and Sutter Counties.
Rideout's health system employs more than 2100 employees and has approximately 300 physicians on the medical staff.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..