Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 4 for our operations at Troy University located in Troy, AL.
Troy University dining services is looking for the right person to lead our premiere catering department. This position must be an expert in the planning and execution of catered events varying from plated meals to coffee service along with 32 sky boxes. The ideal candidate will have outstanding client relations skills, will have the ability to build long lasting relationships, will bring structure and organization, and will have the ability to create standardized operating procedures for events on and off site. The candidate must understand and teach the importance of physical and food safety.
Trojan Dining services is focused on growth and providing elite level service to all of our guests. Employee development and engagement is key for this position and the utilization of full time and student staff is a must. Most importantly Trojan Dining is looking for a passionate, energetic leader that can continue to elevate our program and help achieve our mission of being an elite catering department.
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***
The Catering Manager 4 will be responsible for client contact, event dining planning, pricing, negotiation, coordination and implementation of catered dining arrangements. Position includes responsibility for catering revenue growth, exceptional customer service, and exceeding customer and client expectations in the area of catering services.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Identify internal/external customer needs and expectations;
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers and promote partnerships;
- Promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs; and
- Coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- Your success will be measured by your ability to:
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership/team building skills
- The ability to handle catering at all levels from students to executives
- Professional demeanor is required
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards