Sodexo University segment at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida is seeking an Executive Chef 2 to lead our culinary program at the Seminole Cafe, an all you care to eat resident dining hall feeding 1200 meals per day. The chef will lead a 5 day a week operation serving a diverse base of students and faculty/staff. We are looking for a true culinary leader to take the program at this unit to the next level, overseeing a solid base program while adding innovative signature events and menu items to the location. This is an ideal opportunity to develop a unique and cutting edge culinary experience for our campus. Our ideal candidate will have a solid background in culinary skills, the ability to lead and train a culinary team, the ability to innovate and also control costs. Experience developing local and sustainable menus is a plus.
We are seeking Executive Chef Candidates with the following in their culinary “toolkits”:
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress all customers at the university?
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – do you follow food trends and top chefs?
- Very high-end taste and a sophisticated palette – can you translate that into your food?
- The ability to inspire and lead a kitchen staff – can you help others become trend-setting, innovators?
The best qualified candidates will have the following:
- Culinary management experience within a large volume, quality-focused setting
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor
- Ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees
- Passion for food and innovation
- Ability to think outside of the box
- HACCP and production records
- Ordering and inventory responsibilities
- Maintain on site wellness and sustainability initiatives
- Interacts with customers and clients
- Ability to work flex shifts
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.