Sodexo University segment at Florida State University, in Tallahassee, Florida is seeking an Executive Chef 2 to be the culinary and operations leader at the FIGG Performance Table, our all you care to eat location supporting the athletic department at FSU. Serving an average of 500 meals per day, this location primarily serves athletes, coaches and staff in a five day a week operation. The chef will report directly to the GM of residential dining, but will have direct oversight of the unit and it's day to day operations. This is the perfect opportunity to merge your culinary background with your front of the house leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering broad based menus with an emphasis on healthy and performance based food. Candidate will be able to lead and develop a diverse team of culinary and service employees. Candidate will interact with our employees, as well as University students, coaches, and administrative employees on a daily basis. Ability to partner with dietitians and nutritionists is a must. Ideal candidate has experience controlling unit level finances and budgets. If you are looking to lead and develop an exciting partner concept, this could be the right position for you.
Ideal candidate will have:
- College/University/Stadium/Arena culinary experience;
- Culinary degree or dietary manager certification;
- Experience serving the diverse needs of athletes for optimal sports performance;
- Strong culinary background with experience in catering and high volume venues;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- High level of computer literacy and skill-set;
- Strong understanding of financials and strong analytical thinking skills;
- Great client relations and a desire to be invested in the local campus/community.
** This position offers RELOCATION ASSISTANCE **
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.