Sodexo Corporate Services has an opening for a Unit Controller 1 at the Walt Disney World account near Orlando, FL. Sodexo provides Cast Member dining services to over 40 locations across the Disney Property. As a Unit Controller you will be responsible for financial reporting for approximately 15 of the dining locations. You will assist in managing the weekly financial close, will monitor and track AR/AP, and will analyze finance data trends and variances.
You will work closely with the Operations Management Team to ensure accurate reporting and provide support for financial compliance and procedures.
This opportunity has great growth potential and exposure within the organization!!!
Enjoy a mainly Monday through Friday business hour schedule while you learn and grow to prepare for your career potential!
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and have experience with accounting principles and tools. Experience with E-Vision, Essbase, and UFS reporting systems are ideal.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for a smaller sized single location account. Entry level finance position.
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls.
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the Zero Harm mindset