Available Work Locations:
Baton Rouge-LA, Houston-TX, San Antonio-TX, Shreveport-LA
The primary responsibility of the Solutions Consultant is to lead the front-end of proposal opportunities within an assigned vertical of the systems and solutions business. This includes marketing Systems and Solutions products and services and managing the quoting, and customer and sales contacts required to obtain planned level of incoming business.
The position combines significant elements of Sales, Marketing and Engineering. Besides the generation of quotations and customer visits, this person is also responsible for being the liaison and technical expert to support appropriate market channels. This channel support includes providing application expertise of systems and solutions for their specific industries.
Although there are no direct reports to this position, it is expected that persons in this position will manage the expectations and associated activities of sales, engineering, project management, customers and business unit management toward obtaining stated goals for their specific industry business. It is expected that this position will be directly responsible for providing booking levels commensurate with planned level requirements for their specific industries.
- Have the ability to quickly learn and articulate the features and benefits of new products and solutions, and use this information in developing new customer opportunities for our business.
- Assist appropriate channels for business in contacting customers at appropriate management levels in the pursuit of systems and solutions business and maintaining present customers and customer base.
- Be the commercial leader in negotiations where appropriate.
- Collaborates with sales, proposals, engineering and project Management team to establish a value proposition, competitive positioning, and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin dollars while minimizing risk based on scope identification of system requirements in RFQ documents.
- Establish mitigation strategies by performing risk analysis working closely with Contracts & Negotiations. Assure proper definition and delimitation of scope is properly stated within documentation.
- Have a good understanding of industry specific applications, engineering principles and how to apply them.
- Develop an understanding to the customer's environment and our ability to provide solutions.
- Develop written engineering and application guidelines for systems and solutions with respect to their specific industry.
- Handle all communications on quotations, specifications, orders and potential orders between SSB, Channel, and Customer.
- Input customer/industry technical requirements for new product development processes.
- Assist where appropriate in the development of new products.
- Review customer specifications and drawings and prepare quotations via current available quotation tools and follow applicable guidelines.
- Establish specifications from a customer's broad description of the machine operation or the customer process.
- Act as a coach to engineering and other specialists on applications and control.
- Serve as a leader in the migration to new products and solutions. Champion industry specific initiatives and communication.
- Make appropriate & timely decisions based on current information and ensure adherence to existing company policy relating to delegation authority.
- Develop, jointly with Marketing Management, strategies that align with specific industry sales activities.
- Take the lead where appropriate, be supportive where appropriate. Interface and be active in industry oriented societies and associations.
- Responsible for taking an active role in paper preparations as well as presentations and appropriate committee or sub-committee work. Create and present solutions to customers at multiple levels.
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Baton Rouge - Louisiana, Houston - Texas, San Antonio - Texas
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.