The Manager - BDIS will lead the identification and deployment of most efficient and effective mechanisms for data acquisition, integration and delivery of the IoT streaming data. You will also develop best practices for data definition, data quality, aggregation and data life cycle management for streaming data. In this role, you will lead the IoT competency center and deliver fit-for-use data delivery and data consumption mechanisms. You will be involved in technology selection, building, testing, deployment, support and documentation of the Big Data Integration and Services infrastructure solutions.
This exciting position is located at our corporate offices 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, operations, management, or a related field is required, masters is preferred.
- Significant knowledge of areas - Big Data, Streaming Data, Micro Services, and Cloud is a big plus.
- Extensive expertise in technologies, frameworks and architecture like Java, Angular, Python, Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON, Application Servers, Oracle, CI/CD etc is required,
- Expertise in Lambda architecture, Streaming Technologies, Kafka, Rabbit MQ, MySQL, In Memory databases, AWS, Cloud Engineering, Cloud Essentials, Spring Cloud Data Flow is a significant plus
- Full understanding of system development lifecycle, methodologies and standards is required.
- Extensive expertise in data definition, data profiling and data quality required.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes required
- Experience with agile software development preferred.
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies and processes required.
- A solid understanding of key Big Data trends and Big Data vendor landscape required.
- Project Management experience (including large scale projects and managing multiple projects at one time). Management training and experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
- Ability to accurately estimate large and complex projects required.
- Must be able to recommend conceptual designs.
- Ability to establish consultative customer relationships required.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Must have strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have time management skills.
- Must be customer focused.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.