Job TitleScale House Attendant
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Are you looking for a Career Path with a GROWING Company?!!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
We are looking for an experienced Scale House Attendant to join the team at our location in Miami, FL. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
Monday-Saturday starting at day shift typically working up to 55 hours a week.
*Do not stop by or call our local office. If interested please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com
If you have any problems filling out the application call or text Elmer at (see application details).*
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the landfill.
- Track weight information from scale to computer system and get appropriate signatures.
- Calculate payments for customers.
- Ensure incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Approach all encounters with employees, customers, and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Spotting trucks.
- Cleaning equipment.
- Picking up litter.
- General Site Cleanup.
- Driving employees to their work stations.
- Performing other assigned duties at the landfill.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Must have flexible availability to include weekends.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)