Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
There comes a point when you're ready to take off the training wheels and start guiding others. If that's where you are today, let's talk about where you can be tomorrow with our leading, global health care organization. Here at UnitedHealth Group and our growing OptumRX pharmacy benefits business, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Here's where you come in. As a Pharmacy Shipping Clerk, your contributions will extend beyond shipping prescriptions. You'll incorporate your knowledge of specialty medications as you work through the shipping process. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader._
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you confirm prescription orders and information for the automated fulfillment for accuracy. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential. The role also requires you to monitor products that have been recalled to ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Ensures work stations are properly stocked with supplies
- Order supplies as needed to ensure sufficient stock
- Follows proper procedures for filling controlled substance prescriptions
- Ensures all non-pharmacy staff (including visitors and vendors adhere to laws)
- Accurately packages and counts drug product selection
- Adheres to all SBOP R&R when filling prescriptions (including refill logs)
- Accurately and quickly enters shipping information into FedEx Ship Manager and GSO
- Verifies addresses using FedEx Ship Manager or USPS website before label prints
- Packages orders neatly and according to established guidelines
- Completes special projects assigned by supervisor or director
- Print and compile proof-of-delivery signatures on a daily basis
- Accurately charge patient copays
- Package starter kit, if applicable
- Direct working relationship with Manager of Pharmacy Call Center Operations, Manager of Patient Financial Assistance, General Manager and Pharmacist-in-Charge
- Filing away prescriptions
- Operate Cash Register/POS System
- Type prescriptions
- Answering Phones
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Strong data entry skills - at least 45 WPM
- Understand and abide by all PHI and HIPPA laws and regulations
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be available to work a scheduled 8-hour shift between the hours of 10:00am and 6:30pm, Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required. Overtime could be before, after, or on a different day than the regularly scheduled shift.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly
- Basic math proficiency with the ability to add, subtract, divide, and multiple without a calculator
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast - paced working environment
- Ability to multi-mask and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records
Physical Demands And Work Environment
· The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical mail order facility environment.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
When it comes to providing new hope and a new path to wellness, specialty pharmacy companies like Avella fill a unique and important role. Avella, now part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing breakthrough medications, innovative clinical pharmacy programs and technological tools to providers and their patients across the nation. We create a viable level of access to many of the newest, most advanced medications in addition to a suite of tools that include mobile apps, text messaging tools and smart pill bottles. Whether you bring a clinical or business background to our opportunities, you can be sure that you'll be making a meaningful contribution to important solutions and services. Find out more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, shipping, customer service, packaging, labeling, shipping clerk, warehouse, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth Group, healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech