Let’s talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At OptumCare and the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you’ll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
- Prepare patient charts
- Verify eligibility and benefits
- Coordinate prior authorizations, new patient paperwork and referrals
- Schedule appointments
- Answer incoming calls
- Contact referring physicians & hospitals to obtain additional documents (imaging, scans, pathology reports, etc.) for the providers prior to patient visit
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a physician’s office, hospital or clinic
- CPR certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Experience with EMR
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Work experience in oncology
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, medical, customer service, benefits, cancer, oncology, Optum, OptumCare, UHG, Spanish, medical terminology, EMR