For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is a network of health care providers in the Southwest, whose mission is to connect and support providers by working together to deliver the most effective and compassionate care to each and every patient they serve. OptumCare’s focus is to do the right things for patients, physicians, and the community. OptumCare’s Core Business is contracting directly with health insurers to deliver a highly personal care management and service model to their patients. The current focus of OptumCare is on seniors, and those with complex care needs, who most benefit from a high touch model of care.
Our Nurse Case Managers (NCM) are RNs who are responsible for the coordination of care for patients in the inpatient and community setting to determine medical appropriateness by following medical guidelines and benefit determination. The ultimate goal is to help the patient remain out of the hospital while remaining in a safe home with a quality of life.
The Nurse Case Manager acts as a longitudinal advocate for patients from the time the patient is admitted to the hospital until the patient with their care givers have returned to their home. They link the patient and care givers with the network of care team members to help them gain knowledge of their disease process and to identify community resources for continued growth toward the maximum level of independence. The Nurse Case Manager is responsible for the case management activities across the continuum of care including coordination of care, development of a comprehensive care plan with any identified barriers, providing health education, coaching and treatment decision support for patients. The NCM participates in interdisciplinary conferences to review clinical assessments, update care plans and determine follow - up frequency with the team.
***This is a full time, Monday-Friday position. The RN must be able to travel within assigned territory / location – West Valley and Central Phoenix or as needed within Maricopa County in order to conduct critical face to face assessments. Territory Assignments are based on business needs. Applicants must be willing to carry a diverse clinical caseload and visit the patient in their home, hospital, SNF and as needed in the PCP’s office.***
- Collaborates effectively with interdisciplinary team (IDT) to establish an individualized plan of care for members, goals including both short and long term
- Works with the Utilization Management RNs, Social Worker (LMSWs) Case Managers and other internal and external providers to facilitate smooth care transitions
- Serves as the primary clinical liaison with hospital, clinical and administrative staff for a smooth, seamless transition to the next level of care
- Stratifies and / or validates patient level of risk and communicates during transition process with IDT
- Ensures standardized execution of workflow processes, such as increase in admissions, monthly audits, and referral to Social Workers (LMSWs)
- Provides assessments of physical, psycho-social and transition needs in settings not limited to the PCP office, hospital, or member's home
- Develops interventions and processes to assist Medicare and Medicaid patients in meeting short and long term plan of care goals
- Coordinates and attends member visits with PCP and specialists as needed
- Nurse Case Managers work with their supervisor to work their assigned case load in an efficient and effective manner utilizing time management skills to facilitate the total work process
- Confers with physician advisors on a regular basis regarding inpatient cases and participates in departmental conferencing
- Plans patient transitions with internal medical management staff and external providers
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as directed
- With the assistance of the UM team, guides physicians and hospital staff in their awareness of preferred contracts and providers as well as facilities
- Enters timely and accurate data into designated case management applications as needed to communicate patient needs and maintains audit scores of 95% or greater on a monthly basis as well as to be determined patient satisfactory scores
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of AZ
- 3+ years of clinical experience in an acute care, home health, hospice, geriatric and / or hospital setting
- Experience using EMR and CM practice guidelines
- Knowledge of discharge planning alternatives options and interdisciplinary approaches
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word
- Independent problem identification / resolution and decision making skills
- Able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks / demands simultaneously
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area which includes but not limited to: Greater Phoenix area, Surprise, Glendale, Buckeye, Laveen, Goodyear
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Experience working with individuals with multiple co - morbidities and complex medical conditions
- 2+ years of case management experience
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
- CCM certification or must obtain within 2 years of hire
- Experience with Excel and Power Point
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical
practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: case manager, RN, CCM, clinical, home health, hospice, geriatric and acute care, UHG, optum