Sodexo Senior Living North America is seeking a Senior Area General Manager to support food service operations for several accounts within the Asbury system. Accounts are located in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. The ideal candidate will reside in the South Central Pennsylvania. This position will be approximately 80% travel.
The Area General Manager will be responsible for maintaining an excellent client relationship and ensuring high customer service standards. The Area General Manager will report to the District Manager and have full oversight of unit food service operations while managing managers and frontline employees. This position will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course of business operations.
We are seeking candidates who will actively engage our customers to strategically take our programs to the next level.
Duties will include the following:
- Monitor and manage operations by comparing contract guarantees to historical and present data to analyze and make effective decisions
- Manage the budget by increasing revenue and controlling costs, reviewing financial statements and tracking operating expenses
- Constantly improve food service operations in order to drive client and customer satisfaction
- Manage through mangers to achieve Sodexo objectives
- Ensure the execution of product and service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery
- Promote and support workplace diversity initiatives as well as create a positive work environment
- Develop strategic plans for account retention and growth
- Creative, innovative thinker.
The ideal candidate will:
- have 5 or more years food service management experience ideally in Senior Living
- have a strong financial acumen
- a dietary manager certification (CDM) or the willingness to obtain.
Careers in Senior Living:
Working for Sodexo in Senior Living allows you to influence the well-being of seniors in specialized facilities, or in their homes, with customized services, and attentive and compassionate care. Your work has a direct impact on the quality of care provided to residents as well as resident satisfaction at our client sites, helping to create a place that feels like home.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention