Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Admin Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate Provides administrative support to the Department in general answers phone calls and is point person for internal and external communications performs all clerical duties for the department as well as other assigned duties.
- Acts as sites record keeper for petty cash requests and any money transactions that requires Site Director approval.
- Incorporates patients cultural background and values in methods of communication and service provision
- Assesses patients ability to communicate in English and assists in the provision of an interpreter as needed.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and respect for coworker/patients cultural background
- Serves as sites time keeper and maintains accurate records of all employees work hours vacation hours sick hours, etc
- Interacts with interdepartmental personnel throughout the health centers and hospital departments.
- Initiates Engineering Work Requests and reports site related operational issues to Site Director and/or Engineering Dept.
- Maintains required site records staff files and other key documents.
- Deals discretely with confidential information concerning Family Health Centers information contained in minutes letters and other documents.
- Composes correspondence memos and reports as instructed. Type, format proofread and distribute a variety of materials including correspondence memos reports minutes of meetings. Translates documents into Spanish.
- Order all required administrative and medical related supplies for the site. Initiates Purchasing Orders and coordinates with Purchasing Department on required purchases.
- Create and update all provider and staff work schedules for the entire year
- Maintain records of approved CME requests for medical providers and assists with submission of reimbursement.
- Plan, attend and assist in the coordination of meetings, conferences and special events
- Provide administrative support to Site leadership and staff as needed. Coordinates special projects or duties as assigned by Site Director.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma Required.
Minimum Experience/Requirements: 2 + years relevant experience.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi task responsibilities.
Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Fluent in Spanish
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone
Park Slope Fam Hlth Ctr- FHC (P65120)