Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore is seeking a Senior SAP ABAP Application Developer to analyze business requirements and to develop possible solutions in SAP. Additionally, to be responsible for enhancing, maintaining and supporting these applications and programs. This is a fulltime position located in our corporate offices in Montvale, NJ.
- Gather requirements for new development objects from Users and convert them into Technical Designs; Translate high level functional requirements into technical requirements
- Facilitate and lead the development and delivery of RICEFW objects in multiple areas of SAP such as FI/FO, MM, SD, PP, etc.
- Provide ABAP support and enhance multiple modules within SAP, including custom and delivered programs.
- Support and facilitate integration testing of various RICEFW objects.
- Assist by providing time estimates of the assigned project tasks and report any estimate changes.
- Support troubleshooting and debugging of technical and functional issues and interfaces.
- Tune the solutions and objects for performance in multiple areas of SAP.
- Work closely with SAP functional teams to analyze and test the effect of system changes as needed.
- Facilitate the transport of various objects and solutions across the SAP landscape.
- Participate in cutover activities during the Go-Live phase.
- Participate and facilitate the post Go-Live support activities.
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information; adhere to company security policies
- Maintain technical expertise, keeping current with evolving processes, systems, and technologies and sharing that knowledge with colleagues and IT management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7- 10 years' experience in SAP ABAP development
- SAP Workflow experience a must (designing, developing and implementing)
- Good knowledge of SAP interfacing technologies ALE/Docs, EDI, BAPIs, and/or Enhancement Framework required
- Integration experience via IDOCS with PIPO
- IS retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of ASAP project methodology; Agile a plus
- Exposing and consuming SOAP and REST based web services in SAP preferred.
- Concentrated focus in development related to Sales & Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM) or Financial Accounting/Controlling (FI/CO) preferred.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- Ability and experience of working in a transforming environment.
- Excellent Analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong customer service organization and conflict management skills