Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OPTUMcare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Complete assigned work, which may include reviewing, monitoring, scheduling and completing referrals and notifies ordering providers by tasking or faxing in all pertinent systems
- Schedule approximately 900 appointments per month in the IDX Touchworks system for the Cardiology Department
- Coordinate scheduling, process At Risk and Expedite referrals and work with contracted network providers outside our company
- Ensure demographics including insurance information are correct in IDX and updates as necessary
- Work closely with the department providers, managers, supervisors, staff members and the referral department
- Assist co-workers and team members with duties when requested, to include but not limited to, floating to other areas
- Accurately maintain patient records, utilizing Touchworks, in accordance to HIPAA and established SMA policies and procedures
- Answer all phone calls from phone queue
- Intake all demographic information for new patients
- Update demographic information for existing patients
- Collect insurance information
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ yrs of experience in hospital, clinic or physician’s office
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Experience with IDX Touchworks scheduling
- Call center experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Patient Care Coordinator, Cardiology, scheduling, scheduler, Southwest Medical, Las Vegas, bilingual, Spanish, IDX, Touchworks, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada