At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm) The Medical Assistant’s responsibility is to assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
**PRIMARY CARE, MONDAY – FRIDAY, NO WEEKENDS, CLOSED on ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS**
*Office Location: Ina Medical Center – 1669 W INA, Tucson, AZ*
- Performs clinical and administrative medical assistant duties including but not limited to; greet patients, prepare charts (EHR), prepare patients and exam rooms, take histories and vital signs, give injections, provide basic wound care, perform EKG's, triage patients and advise patients of test results and care plans
- Provide education about health preservation, disease prevention and disease self - management
- Participate in preventative care reminder programs
- Assist patient in procurement of medical supplies
- Use of technology to assist with all aspects of patient care; electronic health record documentation, disease registry, documentation prompts and standing order protocols
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment
- Attend required meetings and participate in a constructive manner as a team player
- Participate in periodic in - services to enhance and increase clinical skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited MA program or 3 years of military as a medic
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant (post externship experience)
- Computer literate (Microsoft)
- Pediatric experience
- Electronic medical record knowledge
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking
- CPR certified
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: medical assistant, primary care, pediatrics, internal medicine, clinic