Here's an opportunity that's truly different and immensely rewarding. We're always looking for flexible, innovative approaches for delivering quality care. This role as a Call Center Registered Nurse with UnitedHealth Group is a perfect example. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members, recommending the right level of clinical care and connecting them with the resources they need to make informed decisions. Sound inspiring? Apply today.
If you are located within a commuting distance to Greensboro, NC or Atlanta, GA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess patient's health status and recommend care based on clinical judgment and protocols
- Identify potential care and / or provider gaps
- Coach consumers on treatment alternatives
- Coordinate services and referrals to health programs and community services
- Assess and triage immediate health concerns
- Quickly assess a variety of cases over the phone and recommend the best way forward; the pace is fast, and you'll need strong computer and communication skills to succeed
- High school diploma / GED
- Graduate of an accredited RN program
- Valid, unrestricted RN license
- 2+ years of experience in the service industry working directly with customers / patients
- Proficient in multi-tasking and navigating multiple computer programs simultaneously while talking on the phone
- Training schedule: you must be able to attend an office-based 3 month training class, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM Eastern Time / 9:00 AM-5:30 PM Central Time, starting your first day of employment
- Additional state licenses will be required upon beginning the role
Bachelor's degree (or higher)
Call center experience
Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Call Center RN, RN, Registered Nurse, Call Center, Telephonic Nurse, Bilingual, Greensboro, North Carolina, NC, Atlanta, GA, Georgia, telecommute, telecommuter, work from home