This position is responsible for the overall direction, project planning, coordination of project activities, monitoring tasks through completion, and budgeting for programs and projects. This individual is to ensure that the goals or objectives of a programs and projects are accomplished on schedule, on budget, and with quality results that meet or exceed the customer expectations. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to communication, resource alignment, requirements definition, solution design, testing, implementation, status reporting, issue and risk management, and managing effective relationships between the customer, IT, Sr. Leadership, and third party vendors through project closure. This position requires the leading multiple major and/or minor projects simultaneously while coordinating resources across the company to effectively deliver the solution. This position will be the liaison between the customer, the vendor, Sr. Leadership, and IT when delivering the solution.
This position will require the management of enterprise programs, which may include multiple major or minor projects and multiple cross functional teams in a single program, simultaneously while coordinating resources across the company and third-party vendors to effectively deliver the solution.
The position will require this individual to champion, support, mentor, and drive improvement within the Penske Project Management Methodology and supporting tools. This individual will demonstrate strong leadership skills and proven strengths in creating, implementing, and managing change, with a focus on satisfying customer needs.
- Other projects as assigned by the Manager
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree-Business Administration or Computer Science
- 7+ years of proven project management experience involving application development, infrastructure implementations and process improvement initiatives.
- 4+ years of proven program management experience involving strategic roadmaps, application development, infrastructure implementations and process improvement initiatives.
- 10 + years of company experience
- Completed project management training and certifications.
- Completed program management training and certifications (or sufficiently demonstrated expertize).
- GE Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Formal training or advanced knowledge on the Software Development Lifecycle or Application Development Lifecycle, methodologies and standards.
- Advanced understanding of technology (i.e. OS layer, database layer, application layer, network, etc.).
- Experience negotiating with vendors and completing legal agreements.
- Understanding of Penske functions and Penske-specific technology.
- Understanding of Penske's accounting systems and practices.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple programs, projects, assignments and priorities simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: verbal and written - internally, externally, and at all levels
- Must be Customer Service focused
- Time Management / Organizational Skills
- Research and Analytical Skills
- Problem Analysis and Solving Skills
- Vendor Management Skills
- Detail-oriented with strong focus on documentation skills.
- Relationship Building / Interpersonal Skills
- Presentation & Facilitation Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.