Let’s talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At WellMed, now part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you’ll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures
- Maintain established quality control standards
- Record and process patient care documentation quickly and accurately
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize, stock and clean exam and treatment rooms and sterilize instruments
- Maintains quality control standards and required Medical Assistant and CPR certifications
WellMed at Northern Hills / Off of Nacogdoches Rd., near O’Connor / HEB Grocery Store.
– This is a Float position that requires traveling to other WellMed locations -
“Must have reliable transportation”
The pace is fast and you’ll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or the ability to obtain the designation within 180 days of employment
- Current CPR and/or BLS certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- ICD-9/10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft experience
Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It’s an every day opportunity to do to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Medical Assistant, MA, CMA, RMA, Patient Services Representative, PSR, Coordinator, PCC, Patient Care Technician, Northern Hills, Nacogdoches, RD, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, TX