Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch(c) system and the Nintendo 3DS(c) family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System(c), Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy(c), Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS(c) family of systems, Super NES(c), Nintendo 64(c), Nintendo GameCube(c), Wii(c) and Wii U(c) systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokmon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
NTD's Software Development Support Group (SDSG) supports Nintendo licensees in development of software on Nintendo platforms. Members of the group are experts in Nintendo hardware and software development tools, providing frontline support to developers around the world. SDSG members work with AAA development teams to help solve some of their hardest problems, while also educating new developers on the basics of Nintendo development.
SDSG members are engineers and educators, utilizing both communications and software development skills to help development teams large and small.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Develop and share expertise on Nintendo software development procedures and techniques
- Answer technical questions and advise developers that are creating content for Nintendo platforms
- Create tutorials, demos, and documentation for Nintendo platform development
- Create content for and present at workshops and technical conferences
- Participate in the design, development, and support of various software development tools
- Create concise, easy to read documents which will facilitate efficient game development.
- Acts as liaison for Nintendo Company Limited (NCL) related departments
- Translates direct communication, meetings, emails, etc. as needed
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- One to three years of experience
- Knowledge and understanding of software product development, related tools and testing paradigms
- Knowledge of programming embedded or application software for video game platforms and related development tools
- Programming skills in C/C++ for application, embedded or game systems
- Software development skills
- Knowledge of software project tracking and source control
- Technical writing skills
- Strong systems design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Undergraduate Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree required
- Excellent Japanese and English translation skills
- Japanese and English interpretation skills, including experience interpreting business meetings and/or conference calls
- Level 1 certification on the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test or equivalent (For Japanese-English translators) preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.