Managing and further developing our expertise in the product categories responsible for and developing plans that will result in increased sales, market share and/or profitability. The categories assigned to the PCM are at least $300 million in annual sales, and are in the top 15 overall dental categories. Included is the management and oversight of one direct report- Marketing Associate and all the activities they are responsible for. Areas of responsibility include new product review and implementation, current product line management including SKU rationalization, promotional activity, supplier relations, pricing and competitive analysis, catalog production and other projects as required.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- CATEGORY MANAGEMENT: Ownership of all activities surrounding performance of the categories they are responsible for. This would include sales and market share analysis, identifying underperforming categories and then developing plans and programs to drive sales and market share in both branded and private brand products. Also provide strategic guidance on private brand product additions and line extensions.
- NEW PRODUCT ACTIVITIES: Manages the process of all new product submissions. Coordinates with Associate to ensure all necessary information is obtained from the supplier to facilitate a timely review. Reviews all submissions, determining which will be accepted and/or rejected. Collaborates with Associate on accepted new products. Determines pricing, forecast and opening order quantities. Oversees process of new item code creation, web attributes and descriptions and development of catalog copy. Works closely with suppliers to develop a promotional plan to support a successful launch.
- CURRENT PRODUCT LINE MANAGEMENT: Determine products and pricing to be featured in the monthly sales flyers, specialty sale flyers and category flyers for respective product categories and work with Associate to produce layout and pricing spreadsheets. Negotiates buying deals with suppliers and oversees proper communication and implementation to Inventory Management. Performs review of marketing product classifications and item descriptions to ensure the integrity of product classification structure. Oversees review of web item master for accuracy of descriptions, nodes and images. Performs regular reviews of products identified by SKU optimization for stocking, non-stocking and inventory returns. Adds products to paper and electronic catalogs when necessary. Reviews and implements any selling price changes resulted from price pending reports.
- CATALOG PRODUCTION: Manages layout and presentation for respective categories in the annual Henry Schein Dental and all Specialty Catalogs. Performs competitive pricing analysis and determines selling prices of all products in the respective categories.
- OTHER: Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments
- Five years of combined marketing and/or sales experience, or the equivalent required
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have good analytical skills and must have good communication skills. Must be able to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below).
Job Field: Marketing