Manages test projects for new product develop/mentor product enhancements focused on the delivery of a product through the development test process, ad into a finished state for release to external customers. Plans test projects, schedules, and budgets. Executes test projects. Monitors the product test program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters and resolving issues. Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product test program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Leads formulation of test projects.
- Gains approval of product qualification and system test plans based on Product Requirements and with inputs from project technical, certification and quality leads.
- Create schedules and budgets for product qualification and system test pprojects.
- Leads execution of product qualification and system test projects.
- Plans for and leads implementation of test set-ups for product qualification and system tests.
- Participates in development of required product and system test procedures.
- Facilitates investigation and resolution of problems encountered in test projects.
- Stay abreast of new test technology developments and applications that can be used in test projects through participation in technology seminars, courses, and independent study.
- Leads completion of required test project documentation as specified by the Common Product Development Processes, and with the product and system test process requirements.
- Must keep a notebook of documented notes that thoroughly explains conceptual thoughts, conditions, restrictions, analysis, synthesis, and test results that serve as justification for test program and system design.
- Receives instruction in the form of objectives and process to achieve goals on day-to-day work. Receives detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Identifies and suggests new methods and procedures to enhance test execution efficiency.
- Collaborates with project managers on assigned projects to lead completion of timely project deliverables per the Common Product Development process.
- Suggests new methods processes and procedures to enhance test execution efficiency.
- Collaborates with progam and project managers on assigned projects to lead timely project deliverables per the Common Product Development process.
- Acquires and coordinates assignment and work of 3rd party test resources.
- Ability to work as a project team member for the test organization within Rockwell Automation.
- Ability to embrace change and participate in efforts to achieve common process within the test organization.
- Ability to lead and indirectly supervise testers within the group.
- Adapts to change by identifying needs, adjusting, and working with RA and 3rd party resources as appropriate to implement initiatives.
- Must contribute to the oversight of the activities of any non-exempt personnel including training.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to : Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14001, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Travels domestically and internationally as required to meet the requirements of assigned projects.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Gain and maintain the support of stakeholders and decision makers required to achieve product quality goals.
- Leads activities toward completion with the ability to communicate functionally within the development, test, and project management organizations.
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).