Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch(c) system and the Nintendo 3DS(c) family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System(c), Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy(c), Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS(c) family of systems, Super NES(c), Nintendo 64(c), Nintendo GameCube(c), Wii(c) and Wii U(c) systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokmon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Leads product marketing support of campaign launch and post launch activities for assigned mobile titles.
- Trained product spokesperson responsible for interacting with and presenting products to media and consumers
- Trained corporate spokesperson responsible for demonstrating products in videos, livestreams and live demos in trade show settings. Meets with media to present and discuss products. Responsible for understanding key consumer-facing messaging for assigned projects.
- Supports key product launch and post launchactivities, community outreach and key branding initiatives based on predetermined strategy as directed by management.
- Provides insight into key product features, writes product marketing brief and prepares comprehensive product content outlines and supports all marketing and promotion activities to ensure accurate representation of product content and strategy.
- Drafts product information roll-out plan proposals and supports PR and social media teams in finalizing product PR and social media plans.
- Writes consumer-facing marketing copy for use on Nintendo and retailer websites and Nintendo's eShop and digital storefronts.
- Supports review of TV, digital and print advertising creative, providing feedback on product accuracy.
- Actively supports production of advertising creative in the role of product expert and collaborates on selection of game assets for inclusion in final advertising.
- Supports creation of consumer-facing trailers and other video assets designed to communicate key product features including pre-produced videos and video livestreams like Nintendo Treehouse Live.
- May include hosting or starring in videos.
- Educates internal teams and external agency partners on product features. Demonstrates products to internal teams, external partners, media and consumers.
- Evaluates games for quality and marketability and writes product evaluation reports. Under management direction, contributes feedback to game analysis for product improvements and appropriateness for North American markets
- Maintains competitive knowledge of marketplace, monitors consumer reaction to assigned products, monitors effectiveness of PR activities and provides analytical reports on game market data
- Department/Nintendo product champion. Understands game features and anticipates issues, and concerns for the projects in which directly involved
- Bilingual: Communicates directly with Japanese development teams, coordinating asset approvals and communicating promotional plans as needed.
- Bilingual: Translates written and verbal communications including emails, product evaluations and other documentation, and conference calls with development and promotions teams in Japan.
- Bilingual: Performs interpretation for developer interviews with media
- Contributes to development coordination and communication; performs some administrative duties
- Often necessary to change duties, projects or direction on short notice
- Up to 50% domestic and international travel
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Two to five years of related experience
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing consumer facing marketing copy
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of industry and Nintendo history
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and Japanese with strong bilingual spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to present product information and demos to internal teams and media.
- Ability to maintain a heavy workload on an ongoing basis
- Requires video game development experience in localization, external or internal development
- Professional writing skills, confidence and ability to present on camera and large groups (over 100 people) preferred.
- Excellent game play skills
- Undergraduate degree in Writing, Communications, Business, a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Bilingual: Japanese proficiency test Level I or native fluency required
- Valid passport may be required
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.