Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
UMR offers tailored programs designed to enhance clinical outcomes and reduce costs to customers. UMR offers best-in-class programs and care management services to help customers receive the right care at the right time in the right place.
In this role a Disease Management Case Manager will aid in changing our members’ behavior regarding their chronic condition(s). Telephonic interactions with members are structured around behavior change theory and seek to assist individuals make healthy lifestyle changes. Health education and self-advocacy are also key tools in this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Patient engagement and retention in specific Disease Management
- Programs - Diabetes, Hypertension, CAD, Heart Failure, Asthma , COPD and Depression as a comorbidity
- Utilizes established standards of care to identify and address members’ gaps in care
- Utilizing motivational interviewing techniques for assisting members to move through the stages of behavioral change
- Working with members to set and achieve SMART goals
- Coaching individuals to make lifestyle changes to reduce risk of disease processes
- Exercise clinically sound judgment using relevant information, expertise, and decision support tools when interacting with members
- Achieve productivity standards as established
- Document clinical information completely, accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform data collection and quality monitoring activities as required
- Establish collaborative working relationships with members, providers, and customers
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show pro-active behavior in addressing customer / member needs
- Ensure that sensitive member medical information is treated with respect and appropriate levels of confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA regulations.
- Educate and empower members to ensure treatment compliance, satisfaction of management of condition, and promote member advocacy
- Identify compliance and quality improvement opportunities, and initiate corrective actions
- Adheres to corporate requirements related to industry regulations / responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA requirements
This is a work-at-home position. Monday-Thursday you will need to be able to work until 9:00PM; you could work 12:30-9:00PM or do a split shift like 8:00AM-12:00PM and 5:00PM-9:00PM. Friday is 8:00AM-4:30PM.
- RN license, active and unrestricted, in the state of residence
- Clinical knowledge / experience: 5+ years clinical experience
- Skilled with personal computer systems and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to type and talk at the same time
- Ability to obtain multi-state RN Licenses
- Demonstrated independence with problem solving and daily work prioritization
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
your life's best work.(sm)
- CCP Certified Chronic Care provider
- Experience working in Case Management or Disease Management
- Motivational interviewing and coaching experience
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, RN, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, bilingual Spanish, West Virginia, WV, Wisconsin, WI, Oklahoma, OK, Arizona, AZ, New Mexico, NM, Arkansas, AR, Missouri, MO, Wyoming, WY