For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The RN Field Case Manager for the STAR Kids Program will manage the care of members in their homes or other community settings by completing in-person health assessments and coordinating patient care, focusing on disease management and keeping members healthy and independent.
If you are located in the Grayson County, Texas, area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engaging members / families in their homes or in a facility to coordinate services, community resources and treatment needs
- Travel in assigned territory as needed to complete member assessments; the rest of the time will be spent working in a home-based office
- Delivering a holistic approach to coordinated care based on the member’s needs using a person centered approach
- Identifying early risk factors and conducting ongoing assessments and documenting in an electronic file
- Creating, reviewing and revising care plans and focusing on a holistic approach
- Functioning as an advocate for member
- Collaborating with the member's PCP to deliver and coordinate necessary services
- Building relationships with members and their families; assisting them with coordination of health choices
- Ensuring cases are documented in a timely manner
- Coordination with other state agencies, community resources and providers
- RN License, must be current and unrestricted in state of Texas
- 3 + years of recent experience as a RN in case management, Home Health or clinical experience in acute, rehab or long term care setting
- High Speed Internet access in home
- Strong computer proficiency to include the ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook and Internet on a daily basis
- Access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel throughout surrounding area on regular basis
- Pediatric experience
- Experience with Medicare and / or Medicaid
- MDCP (Medically Dependent Children's Program) experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher
- Case Management experience
- Managed care experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- CCM certification
- Experience with complex populations
- Home Health experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: TXSTARKIDS, RN, nurse, case manager, case management, CCM, Medicaid Waver, Medicaid, MDCP, pediatrics, field based, home care, home health, complex case management, managed care, bilingual, Grayson County, Sherman, Denison, TX, Texas