Perform moderately difficult duties with minimal supervision to install, maintain, and develop laboratory and facilities test equipment used for the purpose of testing motor control equipment. Supports planning, construction, modification, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of test setups, development lab work cells, dynes and test equipment as directed by the Lab Manager or Technical Lead. Will require collaboration across disciplines and supports development and test engineers as required
- Build up and modification of work stations and test setups to include motors, cabling, communication, and drive systems for both AC and DC applications.
- Troubleshoot a test cell system or test setup to determine root cause and remedy for malfunction.
- Assist in construction and support of automated test stations and lab areas for functional testing.
- Use communication protocol such as E-Net; D-Net; C-Net; and Logix programming.
- Utilize and trouble shoot automation programs based on RS Logix (ladder logic), C, Visual Basic, and TAF.
- Maintain and learn new technological skills so that they may be appropriately applied in the laboratory, product test or to development processes.
- Understand and practice laboratory procedures for the safe and efficient use of electronic instrumentation, electrical power, rotating electrical machinery, and general laboratory cleanliness.
- Actively support safety programs through preparation and maintenance of department safety- related processes and procedures, including lockout-tag out (LOTO), inspections, and related processes.
- Ensure a safe lab working environment by enforcing safe lab practices by all who enter the labs.
- Ability to write reports and manipulate data with MS Office Tools.
- Must have proficiency in utilizing test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Power Meters, Data Acquisition equipment and related current and voltage probes.
- Utilize basic model shop tools to be able to construct and modify fixtures and equipment for use in the lab infrastructure.
- In this role, it is expected that the technical competency of the individual will increase over time to become proficient in the operation of the lab facilities and support all ongoing test efforts in the lab.
- Contribute to the improvement and development of lab operation procedures and documentation
- Must keep a notebook of documented notes that thoroughly explains conceptual thoughts, conditions, restrictions, analysis, synthesis, and test results that serve as justification for test and system design.
- Hold oneself accountable for achieving goals and meeting commitments.
- Encourage a positive work environment to foster outstanding performance. Possess and share a vision of success and work with individuals to help all reach their full potential.
- Promote new ideas and initiatives. Take a stand to resolve important issues
- With minimal supervision, drives general activities to completion with the ability to communicate functionally within the test organization.
- Contributor in the area of Product Development and Test.
- Network with people across a variety of functions and locations within the organization.
- Create an environment that encourages the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Conform to all aspects of the company's goals, values, and standards of ethical conduct while demonstrating integrity, trustworthiness under all circumstances. Treat others honestly and fairly.
- Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities. Be an agent of change.
- Work with Manager and team to resolve priority conflicts or feature requirements.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- May travel as required to meet the requirements of assigned projects
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).