This position is responsible for partnering with the finance and business leadership teams in all aspects of financial reporting and planning for the Market Development portfolio within the Strategic Business Development Group. Responsibilities include analyzing and reviewing data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. This position is responsible for managing and uploading monthly close and R&O submissions as well as reviewing and compiling monthly reporting requirements to the Corporate Finance team. Prepare detailed analysis of key financial and operational metrics to help drive growth in the business. Analyze key monthly variances and prepare summary commentary for senior management.
- Partner with the Finance Management and business leadership team to support the financial reporting and analysis of the three separate global businesses consolidating into one portfolio.
- Prepare month-end close submissions, including maintaining sales and gross profit database by supplier and customer, cost of freight analysis, non-controllable expense analysis and gross profit analysis on a monthly basis for reporting actuals and forecasting. Report monthly headcount and analyze T&E, convention and key marketing expenses.
- Manage the reporting of both as-reported and pro forma financials on a monthly basis, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the manually prepared pro forma financials.
- Update and maintain monthly reports used to analyze the financial results of the portfolio and prepare monthly variance commentary to understand the actual and projected results of the individual businesses as well as the overall division. Identify and communicate potential risks and opportunities within the individual businesses and across the portfolio.
- Prepare monthly reports utilizing JDE, Data Warehouse and Hubble systems to detail expenses and provide insight into key variances by individual and account as well as identify trends in order to recommend and implement potential expense savings opportunities.
- Create monthly journal entries and prepare account reconciliations analyzing account activity and balances for appropriateness.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial presentations.
- Participate in the annual budget process by partnering with the leadership team at the three individual businesses to create detailed financial projections and prepare year-over-year variance analyzes to ensure overall reasonableness of core budget assumptions. Prepare analyses of year-over-year sales and operating income growth trends.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with finance team members within the portfolio as well as throughout the Henry Schein corporate organization.
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of two or more disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of issues and assignments in creative ways. Assignments are typically broad in nature. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project lead role on small scale projects.
Work on complex issues/projects where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business issues and strategic direction to solve complex problems where precedent may not exist; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate strong judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work and minimal instruction on new projects or assignments. May act as a resource to provide formal guidance for TSMs with less experience. Assignments can be broad in nature. May manage vendor relationships.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 6 to 8 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Strong planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Strong decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, ability to build partnerships externally
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong accounting and financial knowledge including financial budgeting, reporting, policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Independent worker, self-starter
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with databases and Oracle products such as Planning and HFM
- Experience using JDE and Hubble reporting
- Strong ability to understand and communicate complex financial concepts
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Accounting/Finance